Benefits of Membership
- A certificate of membership suitable for framing and display
- Business/personal listing on our website directory (professional membership)
- Quarterly issues of our CAPPDT newsletter (The FORUM)
- Opportunity to write articles for The FORUM
- Opportunity to post events in The FORUM
- Reduced annual conference registration fees
- Access to CAPPDT discussion group to chat about issues and get new ideas for training
- Access to our Group Liability Insurance programme - through LMS Prolink
- Membership on our e-mail discussion list
- Having a voice in the decisions that effect your profession
- Use of the CAPPDT Member logo on your promotional materials demonstrating your participation in the largest networking and educational group for trainers in Canada
Membership Application (MS Word) Membership Application (PDF)
Membership is open to anyone, residing in any country, who is 18 years of age or older and is or has been actively involved in training dogs or training people to train their dogs or who believes in humane methods of training dogs and promotes same. The classes of membership in the Association are:
(i) Professional - $70.00 CDN per year. Renewal - $60.00 CDN
(ii) Associate - $45.00 CDN per year. Renewal - $40.00 CDN
All fees are subject to GST or HST as appropriate. See membership form for complete details.
(GST #860806942 RP0001)
(i) Professional membership
Professional members will be entitled to one vote per Professional member. Professional membership will be restricted to persons who are residents of Canada, over 18 years of age, who agree to abide by the Association’s By-laws and Code of Ethics and are actively involved in the training and instructing of owners and their dogs. To be eligible to vote on Association issues, the Professional member will be required to complete one (1) calendar year of uninterrupted Association membership. Professional members are listed, unless we are instructed otherwise, on the CAPPDT trainer database accessible at Finding A Trainer.
(ii) Associate membership
Associate members shall have NO voting rights nor may they hold executive office. Associate membership will be granted to persons who are residents of any country, over 18 years of age, who agree to be abide by the Association’s Bylaws and Code of Ethics and who are other professionals within the canine industry and who believe in and promote the humane training of dogs. Associate members are NOT listed on the CAPPDT trainer database.
For more information about the membership please go to the By-laws page.